The Islamic Organization for Food Security (IOFS) in collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry of the Republic of Turkiye and the Arab Organization for Agricultural Development (AOAD) is to host an International Conference on Wheat and Rice Value Chain Development and Food Losses and Waste Strategies in the CWANA Region (Central and West Asia and North Africa).
Date: November 29 - December 1, 2023
Location: Ankara, Turkiye
The participants will be given an opportunity to dive into comprehensive discussions on challenges within the rice-wheat value chain and explore promising trade avenues. This event will focus on addressing critical issues of "Food Losses and Waste in OIC Member States," bringing together experts, policymakers, and industry leaders.
- Gain insights into value chain dynamics in the CWANA region.
- Showcase innovative practices driving sustainable advancements.
- Forge collaborations, identify solutions, and contribute to regional growth.
- Develop Action Plans for enhanced cooperation in wheat and rice value chains.
- Strengthen knowledge of innovations and partnerships.
- Contribute to improved food security and sustainable development.
Part II: Round Table on Food and Losses Strategies in CWANA Region
Addressing the global challenge of food waste, this Round Table aims to reduce waste along the entire food value chain in the CWANA region. Explore strategies, policies, and innovations to foster a sustainable food system.
- Discuss strategies for reducing losses during production and harvesting.
- Examine policy frameworks supporting waste reduction.
- Explore innovations and technologies optimizing supply chains.
- Identify specific strategies and policies for waste reduction.
- Facilitate partnerships for collaborative waste reduction efforts.
- Formulate recommendations for integrating waste reduction into regional policies.
Program Design and Activities:
The Conference is designed to run in a hybrid format, hosting participants in a face-to-face meeting while also being streamed virtually on Zoom for each day. Participants, drawn from among key actors and relevant stakeholders, are expected to engage in the two-day workshop. It will include the opening session, 4 sessions, and a field visit, with a concluding session that will focus essentially on key recommendations and a way forward.
The International Conference on Rice/Wheat Value Chain Development has teamed up with the Special edition of Food Security Hub devoted to Strategic Commodities Value Chain Development in OIC. Several selected high-impact full-text papers will also be considered for the special journal issues.
The international conference on wheat and rice value chain development and Food Losses and Wastes Strategies in the CWANA region aims to bring together leading academic scientists, researchers, and research scholars to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of Rice and Wheat Value Chain Development and strategy of Food lasses and Wastes. The IOFS will welcome esteemed speakers and participants from the CWANA Region.